Get ready to fall head-over-heels in love with our brand-new rebonding solution that makes reusing your keratin tip extensions a total breeze!
Our Keratin Tip replacements come in adorable little squares made of clear keratin and can be used to re-bond your existing hair extensions. You'll receive 50 little gems in one pack, making it a hassle-free way to revamp your clients’ hair game.
By opting for our replacement k-tips, you can give your clients longer-lasting and more cost-effective solutions for their keratin hair extensions.
One crucial part of this maintenance is re-bonding the K tips to keep them securely attached to your natural hair. Next, we’ll go over the tools you'll need for re-bonding and how to use them.
Required Tools for Keratin Tip Extension Re-Bonding
1. Philocaly Hair Extension Fusion Tool. This tool is specifically designed for melting the keratin bonds that attach the extension to your natural hair. It is essential to use a high-quality tool to ensure that the bonds melt evenly and quickly without damaging the hair.
2. Replacement Keratin Bonds. These will attach the extensions back to the natural hair.
3. Spare Set of Pliers. You'll need a spare set of pliers to hold the extensions and bonds while you heat them with the fusion tool.
4. Keratin Tip Strands. Obviously, you'll need the extensions that you want to re-bond. Make sure they are clean and brushed through.
How to Re-Bond Your K-Tips
1. Turn on your fusion tool and allow it to heat up.
2. Once the tool is heated up, pick up the keratin tip strand you wish to re-bond and use the fusion tool to heat the existing keratin tip. This will melt the previous keratin bond and allow you to remove it.
3. After removing the previous bond, trim the end at the top of the k-tip strand so that it is flat, even, and smooth. This will create a good surface for the replacement bond to adhere to.
4. Using your pliers, pick up a replacement bond and place it on top of your strand flush with the smooth area you created.
5. Warm the replacement bond slightly using your fusion tool so that it sticks to the strand. It is essential only to melt enough of the bond to make it stick to the strand. If you overheat the bond, it can damage the hair and cause it to break.
6. Finally, reapply the k-tip strand to your client as you would a regular K-tip strand. Make sure to attach it securely to avoid any slippage or damage.
Reasons to Use Our Retabs for Your Keratin Tip Extensions
Hair extensions are a significant investment! Originally our K-tip collection was a one-time-use-only method, with no ability to reinstall them into your client's hair. A new set every 3-4 months was the standard.
But at Philocaly, we want to bring you the best of the best on the market. So, enter Philocaly rebonds, and you can now easily and efficiently reuse your existing K-tips!
If you’re a stylist looking to purchase, download our price list here.
If you want K-tips installed, check out our salon locator to find a Philocaly Keratin Tip Certified Stylist near you!
We can’t wait to see your beautiful Keratin Tip installs all spring and summer long!